Tuesday, September 02, 2008

90210 is a Hit

So I got out of work early and even cancelled all my auditions (okay my non-existent ones) to catch the season premiere of the new "90210". After getting past the blowjob scene, (Woah, Dylan would never be caught doing that especially in the school parking lot! I think my mom being in the room at that time didn't help either) it grew on me. I almost teared up when I saw Andrea and Jessie's daughter Hannah doing the morning news. I hope they develop her character more, because they definitely need more socially awkward characters besides the hunky teacher Mr. Matthews. Also, kudos to Degrassi's Shenae Grimes for landing a more likable role as Annie than crazy assed Darcy. Kelly aka Ms. Jennie Garth's role as guidance counselor is surprisingly believable. Seeing Brenda was a real treat as well, but she looks a lot older than shiny Kelly. Telling you kids, smoking is bad for you in more ways than one. And poor Nate with the coffee machine. Producers please give him more than one line. He's a better actor than some of those kids! Although all the new characters have great potential, like the druggie actress girl (reminds of me in high school), my vote goes to Grandma Tabitha Wilson aka Jessica Walter from Arrested Development. She nails her lines every time, and the audience is sure to enjoy more barbs from her saucy self. What I adore about the new show (aside from Ms. Walter) is the "diversity". There's FINALLY a black kid on the show, and the adoptive storyline is definitely intriguing. Though, I love how the Persian kid is played by a white dude named Michael Steger. Come the f' on, L.A. is full of decent hungry actors who are more ethnic and may actually be Persian, oh what a concept .
But alas, you know where I'll be on Tuesday nights...

No comments: